It is important to take better care of your teeth as it affects your oral hygiene. It is possible for bacteria to live in your teeth in the form of plaque. The bacteria can cause cavities, gingivitis, and gum disease. So it is necessary that you keep your teeth clean for proper oral hygiene. You can click here on the link below to know about certain tips to be followed a good oral hygiene. knowyourteeth.com is a site which offers several articles on preventing your teeth from cavities and other dental problems. The article below discusses the various dental problems and the remedies to get rid of them.
Plaques may lead to serious dental problems. It is a sticky substance which contains bacteria and which gets accumulated in the teeth. The source of plaque is the food substance you eat. Foods like biscuits, bread, cakes and sugary foods are more likely to stick on to the teeth. They also react to form certain acids. Plaques may cause damage to your gums and loosens the teeth. It also creates pockets around the gums and results in bleeding, pus, etc.
Remedies For Plaque
It is important that you brush your teeth regularly to remove the food particle accumulated in the teeth. It is strongly recommended to brush your teeth twice a day for better results. Check for the size and shape of the brush you choose. The toothbrush you choose should be able to reach all the areas of your mouth. You can make use of an antimicrobial toothpaste containing fluoride. It is also good if you clean between your teeth as the plaque gets accumulated there. This can be done with a floss or interdental cleaners.
The Process Of Brushing
The dental association has suggested following certain procedures for brushing your teeth. They are
· The toothbrush should be at 45-degree angle against the gums
· You need to brush both directions with gentle strokes.
· You should brush the outer, inner and chewing area of your teeth.
· The inner surface of the teeth can be cleaned using the tip of the brush.
· You should also clean your tongue to ensure fresh breath.
It is an activity to be followed to get rid of plaque. It also prevents gum disease. It is a cleaning activity to be practised regularly to ensure good dental health. This is done by using floss. The procedures to be followed for effective flossing are
· Hold the floss between the thumb and the forefinger
· You need to perform a gentle rubbing motion between your teeth with the floss
· Remember to curve the floss into C shape when it reaches the gum line
· You need to bring the floss to the contact point and move it up and down the other side.
· You should rub the side of the tooth moving the floss way from the gum with regular up and down motions.
· Repeat the above procedures for other teeth.
You can also make use of fluoride mouth rinses in addition to brushing and flossing. This reduces the bacteria and plaque activity. The mouth rinses also help to prevent tooth decay.
The above article suggests several useful tips to get rid of plaque and other dental problems.